How to Check the Status of Your H1B Visa Application
If you are waiting for news on your H1B visa application, you may be feeling anxious about the outcome. The good news is that you can easily check the status of your application online. Here are the steps to check the status of your H1B visa application:
Step 1: Get Your Visa Status Tracker or Receipt Notice Number
The first notification you will receive about your H1B visa application is a visa status tracker or receipt notice number. This number is provided by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) once your application has been received. You can check your visa status tracking with this number on the USCIS website.
Step 2: Check Your Application Status Online
To check your H1B visa application status, go to the USCIS website and enter your visa status tracker or receipt notice number. Your receipt number will start with three letters, which indicate where your case status is being handled.
Once you enter your H1B case number, you will be able to see the status of your application. There are several different updates that you may see:
- Case status received and receipt mailed: This means that your application has been received, and you will be sent a receipt in the mail. The receipt will provide information about the next steps in the H1B application process.
- Request for additional information: In some cases, USCIS representatives may ask for more information before they make a decision. This usually relates to data that needs to be verified before an H1B application is approved or denied. Requests for additional information will be sent via mail.
- Case status online approved: If your case status is approved online, you can expect to receive formal notice in the mail within a few weeks.
- Case status online received and receipt emailed: This is a premium USCIS service that allows applicants to hear news of their submission within 15 days. There is a charge for this service, and the payment will be refunded if USCIS doesn’t make a decision within the specified time-frame.
- Decision notice mailed: This notification indicates that the H1B visa application selected has been rejected.
Checking the status of your H1B visa application is an easy process that can be done online. Make sure you have your visa status tracker or receipt notice number handy and visit the USCIS website to check your application status. If you see that additional information is required, be sure to respond promptly to ensure a smooth application process. Remember that delays can occur, so be patient and keep an eye on your application status for updates.